|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3||Level 4||Level 5|
|Level 6||Level 7||Level 8||Level 9||Level 10||Level 11|
Strategy and Tips
- Protection of the Town Hall is critical for achieving players’ objectives.
- Placement of the Town Hall outside a farming base serves no purpose, other than to rapidly drop trophies. Players should aim to protect their Town Hall at all costs, as it contains a 20% of all 3 different resources.
- If players are designing their War Bases, they should aim to protect their Town Hall at all costs. If an attacker is unable to destroy the Town Hall, they will get a maximum of one star.
- This concept is however, thrown away when you are trying to design an anti-3 star base, in which the Town Hall is considered just to be another storage and is used to protect key structures to prevent the attacker from claiming a third star(hence the name).
- However, at higher Town Hall levels (especially Town Hall 8) players can, instead of protecting their Town Hall at all costs, use their Town Halls as a high hitpoint damage sponge – similar to Storages – as part of a strategy to prevent 3-star attacks from Dragons and other high level armies, at the cost of making 2-star attacks much easier.
- Town Halls have the highest hitpoints of any building, with the exception of Walls, which means they take a long time to destroy. Placing your Town Hall within the range of your most powerful defenses can give it the most shots to destroy attackers.
- It is suggested that you upgrade everything you possibly can (e.g. Troops, Buildings, etc.) before upgrading the Town Hall to the next level. Prematurely upgrading (rushing) your Town Hall is extremely risky, and it will take a long time to upgrade your buildings/troops to match your Town Hall’s level. Raiding with low level troops will also become increasingly difficult.
- If maximizing your builder time is important to you, it is inefficient to wait until literally all of your building upgrades are finished before beginning the Town Hall, as all but one of your builders will be idle for the duration of your Town Hall upgrade. In order to keep all of your builders occupied (but ensure they are all available when the Town Hall finishes) you should plan for the Town Hall upgrade to finish just as the remaining builders are finishing their final projects. For example, if you are currently at Town Hall level 7 and have three Builders, you should upgrade your Town Hall (which takes 8 days) when the total remaining upgrading time of other buildings approaches 16 days.
- Don’t place your Town Hall in a corner surrounded by walls, troops can still be placed next to the Town Hall.
- 5 level 7 Lightning Spells can destroy Town Halls of level 6 and lower.
- Using 5 level 7 Lightning Spells and 2 level 4 Earthquake Spells (with one donated from the Clan Castle) can destroy a Town Hall of level 8 or lower.
- The lava in the level 10 Town Hall may be a reference to the fact that the Inferno Towers are unlocked at this level.
- When a level 10 Town Hall is destroyed, the ruins are lying on a grate on top of lava.
- However, when a level 11 Town Hall is destroyed, the ruins are the same as Town Hall 1-9’s ruins.
- There is a glitch where if a Town Hall upgrade finishes during a Clan War Preparation Day, it still shows that the player is still the previous town hall level.
- If you zoom in on your town hall entrance, you will see the glow of a fire inside the entrance, provided certain actions are being proceeded (needs confirmation).
- All Defensive Buildings (except the Hidden Tesla, Air Defense, Air Sweeper, Inferno Tower and Traps) face away from the Town Hall.
- On Town Hall 11, there are two front towers that dominate the entrance, but in the back there is a roofed tower for an unknown reason.
- The Town Hall’s entrance is small when compared to villagers and builders.
- If a Town Hall is destroyed in a raid, and you view that player’s base, villagers will still go in and out.
- The Town Hall undergoes significant visual changes at levels 3, 7, 8, 9, 10, and 11.
- At level 1, the Town Hall has a crooked orange roof with a small stone chimney. The windows, doorway, walls, and poles are all made out of wood.
- At level 2, the Town Hall gets the roof tiled with orange and has the walls “straightened out” and made of stone.
- At level 3, the Town Hall, another layer with a flat tiled roof gets added to the top.
- At level 4, a third plain non-tiled layer and a fourth tiled layer gets added to the top. The chimney shifts to the front left.
- At level 5, a stone framing gets added to the front door and windows.
- At level 6, small golden pillars appear on the sides of the Town Hall with vines that partially cover them.
- At level 7, a small battlement with a wooden floor gets added to the back left corner of the roof. Underneath the battlements are what appear to be arrow slits.
- At level 8, the battlement grows to the size of the whole roof and the golden pillars and front wall turn to stone. The chimney also disappears, and since there is no chimney, there is no smoke coming from the Town Hall.
- At level 9, the entire color of the Town Hall changes to dark gray with a red flag on the top. An entrance into the Town Hall from the roof appears, similar to the one on the Level 5 Clan Castle. A small watchtower appears on the top left, and there is a new extended red entryway leading into the Town Hall, flanked with two gold chains. There is also a skull added as a door design. If noticed carefully, both front corners of the Town Hall have carved Level 7 Walls.
- At level 10, the color of the Hall changes to a deep crimson red and blue gray. On the top of the Town Hall, there is a metal grate. A second watchtower is added beside the first, and molten lava spills from two openings near the top of the tower down to a trough at the base of the Town Hall. The red carpet entryway receives gold trim.
- At level 11, the Town Hall’s base changes to rough stone. The entrance becomes golden and a gate consisting of three huge spikes supported by a winch system is added above it. The roof becomes white and gains a large, lava filled hole. Two small battlements with red flooring appear on the front of the roof, and a single watchtower remains on the back. The interior of the building appears to be brightly lit, presumably from the lava on the roof. A red flag is added back to a corner of the town hall, this time on the upper corner.
- At each new Town Hall level, new Buildings are unlocked. This table lists each unlock by Town Hall level.
- Town Hall 1: Cannon x1 (new), Gold Mine x1 (new), Elixir Collector x1 (new), Gold Storage x1 (new), Elixir Storage x1 (new), Barracks x1 (new), Army Camp x1 (new).
- Town Hall 2: Cannon x1, Archer Tower x1 (new), Wall x25 (new), Gold Mine x1, Elixir Collector x1, Barracks x1.
- Town Hall 3: Wall x25, Mortar x1 (new), Bomb x2 (new), Gold Mine x1, Elixir Collector x1, Gold Storage x1, Elixir Storage x1, Army Camp x1, Laboratory x1 (new), Clan Castle x1 (new).
- Town Hall 4: Archer Tower x1, Wall x25, Air Defense x1 (new), Spring Trap x2 (new), Gold Mine x1, Elixir Collector x1, Barracksx1.
- Town Hall 5: Cannon x1, Archer Tower x1, Wall x25, Bomb x2, Wizard Tower x1 (new), Air Bomb x2 (new), Gold Mine x1, Elixir Collector x1, Army Camp x1, Spell Factory x1 (new).
- Town Hall 6: Wall x25, Mortar x1, Air Defense x1, Spring Trap x2, Wizard Tower x1, Air Sweeper x1 (new), Giant Bomb x1 (new), Gold Mine x1, Elixir Collector x1.
- Town Hall 7: Cannon x2, Archer Tower x1, Wall x50, Mortar x1, Bomb x2, Air Defense x1, Giant Bomb x1, Hidden Tesla x2 (new), Seeking Air Mine x1 (new), Dark Elixir Drill x1 (new), Dark Elixir Storage x1 (new), Dark Barracks x1 (new), Barracks x1, Army Camp x1, Barbarian King Altar x1 (new).
- Town Hall 8: Archer Tower x1, Wall x50, Mortar x1, Spring Trap x2, Wizard Tower x1, Air Bomb x2, Giant Bomb x1, Hidden Tesla x1, Seeking Air Mine x1, Bomb Tower x1 (new), Skeleton Trap x2 (new), Gold Storage x1, Elixir Storage x1, Dark Elixir Drill x1, Dark Barracks x1, Dark Spell Factory x1 (new).
- Town Hall 9: Archer Tower x1, Wall x25, Air Defense x1, Wizard Tower x1, Air Sweeper x1, Giant Bomb x1, Hidden Tesla x1, Seeking Air Mine x2, X-Bow x2 (new), Gold Storage x1, Elixir Storage x1, Gold Mine x1, Elixir Collector x1, Archer Queen Altarx1 (new).
- Town Hall 10: Cannon x1, Archer Tower x1, Wall x25, Air Bomb x1, Giant Bomb x1, Seeking Air Mine x1, Bomb Tower x1, Skeleton Trap x1, X-Bow x1, Inferno Tower x2 (new), Dark Elixir Drill x1.
- Town Hall 11: Cannon x1, Archer Tower x1, Wall x25, Wizard Tower x1, X-Bow x1, Eagle Artillery x1 (new), Grand Warden Altarx1 (new).
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Town Hall, such as Level, Elixir Storage Capacity, Gold Storage Capacity and Hitpoints.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Town Hall to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Town Hall is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon re-arms all Traps. This icon is only displayed when one or more of your Traps have been triggered in a previous enemy attack.|
|This icon informs you that all Traps are armed. It is not tappable, and replaces the re-arm icons.|
|Tapping this icon reloads all X-Bows with Elixir. This icon only appears if one or more X-Bows are not fully loaded.|
|Tapping this icon reloads the Eagle Artillery with Elixir. This icon only appears if the player owns the Eagle Artillery but not an X-Bow, and if the Eagle Artillery is not fully loaded.|
|Tapping this icon reloads all X-Bows and the Eagle Artillery with Elixir. This icon only appears if at least one of these buildings is not fully loaded, and will replace the icons above if the player has both an X-Bow and the Eagle Artillery.|
|This icon informs you that all X-Bows are fully loaded. It is not tappable, and replaces the Load icons.|
|This icon informs you that the Eagle Artillery is fully loaded. It is not tappable, and only appears if the player owns the Eagle Artillery but not an X-Bow.|
|This icon informs you that all X-Bows and the Eagle Artillery are fully loaded. It is not tappable, and replaces the icon above if the player has both an X-Bow and the Eagle Artillery.|
|Tapping this icon reloads all Inferno Towers with Dark Elixir. This icon only appears if one or more Inferno Towers are not fully loaded.|
|This icon informs you that all Inferno Towers are fully loaded. It is not tappable, and replaces the Load icons.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
|TH Level||Hitpoints||Build Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Maximum Number of
|TH Level||Gold Available||Elixir Available||Dark Elixir Available|
Resource and Offensive Buildings Available
Upgrading your Town Hall unlocks the following number of Resource and Army Buildings; see the page for each building for details.
|TH Level||Gold Mines& Elixir Collectors||Dark Elixir Drills||Gold & Elixir Storage||Dark Elixir Storages||Dark Barracks||Barracks||Army Camps||Lab||Spell Factory||Dark Spell Factory||Barbarian King Altar||Archer Queen Altar||Grand Warden Altar|
Defensive Buildings Available
Upgrading your Town Hall unlocks the following number of Defensive Buildings; see the page of each building for details.
|TH Level||Cannon||Archer Tower||Wall||Mortar||Bomb||Air Defense||Air Sweeper||Spring Trap||Wizard Tower||Giant Bomb||Air Bomb||Seeking Air Mine||Skeleton Trap||Hidden Tesla||X-Bow||Inferno Tower||Eagle Artillery|
Resource, Army and Other Buildings Max Level By Town Hall
Upgrading your Town Hall allows the following buildings to be upgraded to these levels; see the page for each structure to learn what each upgrade brings:
|TH Level||Gold Mines& Elixir Collectors||Dark Elixir Drill||Gold & Elixir Storage||Dark Elixir Storage||Dark Barracks||Barracks||Army Camp||Lab||Spell Factory||Dark Spell Factory||Clan Castle|
Defensive Buildings Max Available Level
Upgrading your Town Hall unlocks the following level of Defensive Buildings; see the page for each building for details.
|TH Level||Cannon||Archer Tower||Wall||Mortar||Bomb||Air Defense||Air Sweeper||Wizard Tower||Giant Bomb||Air Bomb||Seeking Air Mine||Skeleton Trap||Hidden Tesla||X-Bow||Inferno Tower||Eagle Artillery|
Town Hall and Matchmaking
Matchmaking is based on Trophies and Town Hall level, except in Champions League and above, where only Trophies matter. Also, the loot available to gain is affected by Town Hall level. Players get reduced loot for attacking Town Halls of a lower level. The following table describes this reduction:
|Town Hall Level Difference||Percentage of Loot Available|
|Same or higher level||100%|
|1 level lower||80%|
|2 levels lower||50%|
|3 levels lower||25%|
|4 or more levels lower||5%|
It’s important when upgrading the Town Hall to consider the above table, because it may affect one’s looting considerably. It is also advisable to upgrade everything at the current level before moving to the next.