“Thrust out in big numbers after a Lava Hound dies, these tiny creatures keep up the fight for a little while longer.”
- Lava Pups are spawned when a Lava Hound falls in battle. Although they vaguely resemble their parent troop in appearance, they are significantly stronger offensively but have only a tiny fraction of the Lava Hound’s health.
- When a Lava Hound dies, it splits into 8 Lava Pups at level 1, and increases by 2 with every level, capping at 14 Lava Pups at level 4.
- The Lava Pups will explode out in a large circle when they are spawned, instead of clustering up where the Lava Hound falls.
- Lava Pups have no preferred target when attacking; they will simply attack the closest building to them. However, once they become aware of enemy Clan Castle troops, Heroes or Skeleton Trap skeletons (either by being attacked themselves or being near another friendly troop under attack), they will leave their previously targeted building and engage the enemy troopsinstead. Once all of the nearby enemy troops are defeated, they will proceed to attack the nearest building from their current location.
- They resemble Lava Hounds in appearence, except being smaller and made completely of lava.
- A group of Lava Pups can be wiped out by a single Air Bomb, so try to trigger it with the Lava Hound to make the Lava Pups live longer.
- Like Tier 1 troops, they’re vulnerable to Wizard Towers, so distract them by more durable units.
- There are no upgrade differences currently.
- Lava Pups were added in the 16th September 2014 update.
- They have nearly identical stats to a level 1 Minion, the only differences being slightly lower Hitpoints and a shorter range (2.75 tiles for the Minion vs. 2 for the Lava Pup).
- As one of the three subtroops (the others being the Golemite and the Skeleton), it cannot be trained, placed or donated directly via the Clan Castle (although the parent Troops can).
- While the Lava Hound appears to be made of both molten lava and solid rock, the Lava Pup seems to be a pure lava being, perhaps suggesting that the lava cools into rocks as the Lava Pups mature.
- If you have a Lava Hound in your Clan Castle, and it splits into Lava Pups during a defense, it will be a Lava Hound again if at least one of the pups survive at the end of battle.
|Preferred Target||Attack Type||Movement Speed||Attack Speed||Range|
|None||Ranged (Ground & Air)||32||1s||2 tiles|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Attack||Hitpoints|