- Limited time special defense: The Freeze trap freezes enemy troops in their tracks.
- When triggered, the trap will freeze all ground and air troops in a certain radius, allowing Defensive Buildings, Clan Castle troops and Heroes to deal damage to them.
- This trap was introduced during the 2016 winter theme update and was the second of three “Clashmas” gifts, the first was the Santa’s Surprise and the third was the Ice Wizard. It was available from UTC 10:00 27/12/16 through UTC 10:00 6/1/17.
- The Freeze Trap has a trap door similar to the Air Bomb and Seeking Air Mine, but has a bottle of Freeze Spell in it, instead of a bomb and balloons.
- Heroes can use their abilities while under the effects of the Freeze Trap. Any troops spawned by said Heroes will not be frozen.
- The Grand Warden’s Eternal Tome ability will not prevent troops from being frozen.
- The Freeze Trap can be used similarly to other traps in the game.
- Due to its special nature, it’s good to place the Freeze Trap at a spot where a large amount of defensive buildings can fire at, dealing great damage to the frozen troops.
- It’s the third temporary trap to be added to the game.
- The Freeze Trap has the same effect radius and duration as a level 1 Freeze Spell.
- Its info screen says “spell duration” and “damage type”, although it isn’t a spell and doesn’t deal damage.
- Currently, the Freeze Trap is the only trap that can target both ground and air troops simultaneously, as each Skeleton Trapcan only target either one of them.
- The Freeze Trap’s duration doesn’t scale according to the Town Hall level.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Freeze Trap, such as Re-arm cost, Damage Type, Favorite Target and Targets.|
|Tapping this icon re-arms this Freeze Trap. This icon is only displayed after this Freeze Trap has been triggered during an enemy attack.|
|Tapping this icon re-arms all Traps. This icon is only displayed when one or more of your Traps have been triggered in a previous enemy attack.|
|45px||This icon informs you that all Traps are armed. It is not tappable, and replaces the re-arm icons.|
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11|
|Level||Freeze Duration||Cost||Re-Arm Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|Trigger Radius||Effect Radius||Effect Type||Unit Type Targeted||Favorite Target|
|2 tiles||3.5 tiles?||Area splash||Ground & Air||Any|