“Only the most brilliant or reckless Master Wizards dabble in Dark Elixir brewery. Their compact Dark Spells require keen insight to master, but provide unique tactical advantages.”
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
- The Dark Spell Factory allows the player to create Dark Spells using Dark Elixir. There are currently three Dark Spells: thePoison Spell, Earthquake Spell, and Haste Spell.
- It was released on the update that came at July 1, 2015.
- All existing Dark Spells take up one housing space in the spell storage, whereas Elixir spells take two spaces. The total spell storage capacity is shared between the Spell Factory and the Dark Spell Factory. The Dark Spell Factory adds one spell storage capacity to the total spell storage capacity.
- After the December 2015 update, players can donate one dark spell to clanmates, provided that the clanmates have Clan Castle level 4 or above.
- The Dark Spell Factory is unlocked at Town Hall 8.
- Dark Spell Factories undergo a significant visual change at level 3
- When initially constructed, the Dark Spell Factory consists of a big wooden cauldron with a red interior and metal rims, supported by 4 wooden legs which has metal bases. Unlike the spell factory, it doesn’t have a slingshot-shaped structure for the mixing spoon.
- At level 2, All the wooden parts of the building is replaced by metal, and its metal legs receives 2 golden spikes on each leg too.
- At level 3, the outer side of the cauldron receives a gold plating. The legs seem thicker, and is protected by a metal plating outside of it, which has 2 bones – shaped like an ‘X’ – stuck on it.
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Dark Spell Factory to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Dark Spell Factory is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Tapping this icon boosts your spell creation for 1 hour, reducing the time required to create spellsby a factor of four for the duration of the boost.|
|Tapping this icon opens up the Dark Spell Factory interface, allowing you to brew spells.|
- The Dark Spell Factory is inspired by the Dark Barracks.
- The Dark Elixir Spells brewed in the Dark Spell Factory are placed inside vials, unlike Elixir Spells which are placed inside bottles.
- Since there is no spell counterpart of the Army Camp which can hold spells, the Spell Factories takes the role of both creating and holding spells: the Spell Factory determines the main part of spell capacity, while the Dark Spell Factory increases the capacity by 1. For example, you’ll have to upgrade the Spell Factory to level 5 (rather than upgrading the Dark Spell Factory) in order to hold 11 Dark Elixir spells.
- You can use it to hide Dark Elixir by queuing spells when your spell storage is full. Currently you can hide a maximum of 1080 Dark Elixir by queuing 6 maxed-out Earthquake Spells in a level 3 Dark Spell Factory.
- Although Dark Elixir Troops generally have more housing spaces than Elixir Troops, currently all Dark Elixir spells have one housing space while all Elixir spells have two. This probably leaves room for future Dark Elixir spells which are more powerful and take more than two housing spaces.
- The price of the Dark Spell Factory is twice the price of the Dark Barracks of equal level.
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10||11|
|Level||Hitpoints||Spell Unlocked||Spell Capacity||Build Cost||Build Time||Boost Cost||Experience Gained||Town Hall Level Required|
|1||600||Poison Spell||2||1,500,000||4 days||5||587||8|
|2||660||Earthquake Spell||4||2,500,000||6 days||5||720||8|
|3||750||Haste Spell||6||3,500,000||8 days||5||831||9|