“Earn Clan XP and level up your clan to unlock powerful perks! Clan XP is earned by competing in Clan Wars.”
- Clan XP and Clan Perks were introduced in the February 2015 update. Clans are leveling up! Level up your clan and earn perks, prestige and fancy badges! Note that the Header displays the current level of your Clan and the perks your Clan has access to (in the example above, Clan perks are maxed out in a level 10 clan).
- Participating in Clan Wars will give your clan a certain amount of experience, which you can use to give the people in your clan new perks. For example: Giving extra storage to the Treasury.
- Once enough Clan XP is earned, the Clan will level up, and receive Clan Perks that permanently boost various aspects of the Clan. Also, said Clans will unlock new border options for their Clan Symbol (unlocked when leveling up to Clan level 2 up to Clan level 9).
- Please note that unlocked Clan Perks only apply to you if you are in a leveled up clan, it doesn’t follow you around if you join a level 1 clan.
How To Earn It
- Destroying an enemy base in Clan Wars (getting at least 1 star) gives 1 to 10 additional Clan XP based on the enemy base strength. The stronger target is, the more XP the Clan will receive. Note that attacking a previously defeated target and winning will not grant more Clan XP.
- Getting 40% of all possible stars gives 10 Clan XP.
- Getting 60% of all possible stars gives an additional 25 Clan XP (35 XP total)
- Winning war provides +50 clan XP. For example, the after-math of a 35 vs 35 war with every base being defeated and a final score of 104-90 can be seen above.
Note: If a Clan Leader decides to fight a maxed 10 vs 10 war, the clan will have 185 XP possible. The photo above showing a 35 vs 35 war in the former XP rule has 200 XP possible. Because of this, if your clan seeks to level up as quickly as possible, you should fight 50 vs 50 maxed wars for maximum XP gain (which can gain a maximum of 585 XP for each war won).
War Size to Available Clan War XP Chart
|War Size||Defeat All War Bases/Cumulative||Score 40% of Possible Stars/Cumulative||Score 60% of Possible Stars/Cumulative||Win War/Cumulative|
|10 vs 10||+45 XP||+10/55 XP||+25/80 XP||+50/130 XP|
|15 vs 15||+65 XP||+10/75 XP||+25/100 XP||+50/150 XP|
|20 vs 20||+80 XP||+10/90 XP||+25/115 XP||+50/165 XP|
|25 vs 25||+95 XP||+10/105 XP||+25/130 XP||+50/180 XP|
|30 vs 30||+105 XP||+10/115 XP||+25/140 XP||+50/190 XP|
|40 vs 40||+125 XP||+10/135 XP||+25/160 XP||+50/210 XP|
|50 vs 50||+145 XP||+10/155 XP||+25/180 XP||+50/230 XP|
Clan XP Chart
|Clan Level||Clan XP Required||Cumulative XP|
What Are Clan Perks?
They are special boosts that improve various aspects of being in a clan. The six types of perks are:
- Troop request wait time: This perk reduces the wait time for the members to request troops. This perk is improved twice, at Clan level 2 and Clan level 7, and both decrease the wait time by 5 minutes each.
- Donation limit: This perk increases the amount of troops that can be donated from one player to another. This perk is improved twice, at Clan level 4 (where the limit increases by 1), and at Clan level 8 (where the limit increases by 2).
- Donation refund: This perk allows the donator to receive a refund when their troop is donated. This perk is improved three times, at Clan levels 3, 6 and 9.
- Donated troop upgrade: This perk will automatically upgrade troops that are donated (?). This perk is improved twice, at Clan levels 5 and 10, and both increase the upgrade amount by 1 level.
- War loot extra storage: This perk increases the storage capacity of the Clan Castle of members in the Clan. This perk is improved five times, at Clan levels 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10, and each upgrade increases the extra storage by 10%.
- War bonus extra loot: This perk increases the bonus loot earned from a Clan War. This perk is improved four times, at Clan levels 3, 5, 7 and 9.
|Clan level||Clan XPrequired to attain||Trooprequest wait time||Donation limit||Donation refund||Donated troop upgrade||War loot extra storage||War bonus extra loot||Clan Badgeborders unlocked|
|5||3,100||15 min||6||20%||1 level||20%||15%||11|
|6||3,800||15 min||6||35%||1 level||30%||15%||13|
|7||4,500||10 min||6||35%||1 level||30%||20%||15|
|8||5,200||10 min||8||35%||1 level||40%||20%||17|
|9||5,900||10 min||8||50%||1 level||40%||25%||20|
|10||7,900||10 min||8||50%||2 levels||50%||25%||20|
How Can They Be Used?
- Primarily they are used to gain the upper-hand against other clans.
- The clan perks are essential to:
- Fill a member’s Clan Castle much faster
- Attackers who rely on Donated Troops to attack efficiently
- Gain optimal amounts of resources during Clan Wars
- Maximize the power of donated troops
- To advance in the game (for most players)
- If you join a competitive clan, or a “war clan”, you should take into account the Clan Level. Higher Clan Level will attract more members most certainly. Clan Leaders must know this and take advantage of it.
- If a clan keeps winning maxed 50 vs 50 wars, it can reach level 10 upon winning 59 wars. This of course assumes that the maximum possible Clan XP is earned from each war.
- The “Donated troop upgrade” perk is considered the most powerful perk, since upgrading clans to levels that unlock or upgrade this perk require more additional Clan XP.
- Also, any troops near max level can become max level if the clan has reached level 10.
- On 9/4/15 and 7/4/16, the Clan XP was doubled for a week (twice) as a result of the 1st and 2nd year anniversaries of Clan Wars.
- Clans can be upgraded beyond level 10, however currently no new perks are unlocked.
- The 12/10/16 update changed the Clan XP for each war base to depend on that base’s strength.