“The iconic ground defense, built to last! This classic makes the Master Builder a bit sentimental.”
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Level 4||Level 5||Level 6|
- Cannons are the first defensive structure that a player has at the start of their Builder Base.
- Cannons are both cheap and quick to upgrade at lower levels.
- Cannons can shoot any ground units, such as Raged Barbarians, but not any air units, such as Beta Minions, Baby Dragons, etc.
- Cannons have a high rate of fire and a decent range.
- Cannons are very useful for keeping Boxer Giants from attacking other defenses.
- You can defend Multi Mortars and Crushers by placing them within range of Cannons.
- Make sure Cannons are placed within range of Firecrackers, because Cannons are unable to target air units (or at least in range of an Archer Tower or Air Bombs).
- Upgrade these structures first at lower levels, as they are one of your main ground defenses. They are also the cheapest and most common defensive structure available, which makes them a good initial investment.
- Cannons are one of the few defensive structures that cannot attack air units. This makes them easy pickings for Beta Minions or Baby Dragons if they are not within range of Firecrackers, Archer Towers, Hidden Teslas, or Air Bombs.
- The Beta Minions’ Long Shot ability allow them to destroy a cannon while out of range if there are enough and placed correctly.
- Cannons are only able to damage one unit at a time. This makes it very easy to overwhelm them with large groups of Sneaky Archers or Raged Barbarians.
- You can destroy a lone cannon without any distraction buildings with three Sneaky Archers of relative level.
- Cannons undergo significant changes at levels 2, 3, and 4.
- At level 1, the Cannon consists of a short dark metal barrel mounted on a crude, four-legged wooden platform.
- At level 2, the Cannon’s base receives a wooden stabilizer tied to the legs with ropes.
- At level 3, the Cannon’s leg stabilizer becomes stouter and the cannon becomes larger. The base itself rotates 45 degrees within the 3×3 square (ostensibly to accommodate the later, larger upgrades of the Cannon).
- At level 4, the Cannon barrel receives two decorative latitudinal ridges, one midway along the barrel and one at the rear. The platform’s leg stabilizer is removed in favor of a larger and stouter main support platform with much shorter legs.
- At level 5, the Cannon base’s wooden legs are replaced with metal ones and its metal ring which it pivots on gets wider.
- At level 6, pieces of metal bolted by a metal bolt are added to the side of the cannon.
- The appearances of the cannonball changes with level, along with its size.
- When first constructed, the cannon shoots small, light grey color balls.
- At level 2, it shoots bigger balls.
- At level 4, the balls becomes even bigger and becomes darker.
- The Cannon is automatically repaired when the player upgrades to Builder Hall level 2, even though the Master Builder does not appear to repair it.
- When viewing your village, the Cannons will appear to aim randomly about. However, they will mostly be aiming away from the Builder Hall. If the Cannons (or the Builder Hall) are moved, the Cannons will instantly orient themselves to point away from the Builder Hall’s new relative location. This remains true even when the Cannons are being upgraded, though it will not move.
- The Cannon is able to rotate in a full 360 degrees.
- The Cannon’s barrel expands slightly whenever it shoots.
- On 5/26/2017, Builder Hall level 3 received an extra cannon that was previously unlocked at Builder Hall level 4.
- On 6/26/2017, the Cannon received level 6, due to the release of Builder Hall level 6.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Cannon (Builder Base), such as Level, Damage Per Second, Hitpoints, Range, Damage Type, Targets and Favorite Target.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Cannon (Builder Base) to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Builder. When the Cannon (Builder Base) is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Builder Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Shot||Hitpoints||Build Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Builder Hall Level Required|