“For heavyweight air defense, Air Bombs do the trick. An endless supply of explosive barrels launch into the sky to ravage flying enemies!”
|Level 1||Level 2||Level 3|
|Level 4||Level 5||Level 6|
- Air Bombs is a defensive building unlocked at Builder Hall level 4. It continuously launches explosive barrels, resembling the Air Bomb trap, at air troops.
- It cannot attack ground units.
- The number of barrels in the structure do not represent the ammunition of the Air Bombs, much like how the number of rockets in an Air Defense do not represent its ammunition. As such, Air Bombs can never run out, since the bomb below will move up once a bomb has been used.
- The bombs deal area damage.
- Because of its high area damage but low range and hit speed, it is recommended to place them near Firecrackers as they both cover each other’s weaknesses, with one having smaller range but higher damage while the other having moderate damage in a large range.
- This is especially effective because there are no spells in Builder Base.
- It can take down hordes of Beta Minions very quickly and effectively, while Firecrackers can’t because it is single target.
- Its low range allows you to attack with air units to pick off buildings close to it.
- Use ground troops to take out the Air Bombs then use your air troops to attack the base.
- You can spread out your troops so it can only hit one at a time. This is doubly useful with an all-Baby Dragon attack since they will also benefit from their ability (if you have it unlocked).
- The Air Bomb goes through significant visual changes at levels 3 and 4.
- When initially constructed, the Air Bombs consist of several wooden barrels stacked partially under a trap door with two blue balloons attached to them. The balloons have white skulls painted on them.
- At level 2, the Air Bombs trap door becomes more defined and the “launch rails” become taller with the moss on it disappearing, although the moss is now on the trap door.
- At level 3, the Air Bombs barrels change to red and the trap door turns to a lumbered wood construction.
- At level 4, the trap door now becomes rough stonework.
- At level 5, the trap doors stone becomes solid.
- At level 6, the trap door gains a metal band nailed in around the stone.
- The Air Bombs were added on 5/22/2017.
|Tapping this icon displays information about the Air Bombs, such as Level, Damage Per Second, Hitpoints, Range, Damage Type, Targets and Favorite Target.|
|Tapping this icon begins upgrading the Air Bombs to the next level, if you have enough resources and a free Master Builder. When the Air Bombs is at maximum level, this icon is not shown.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, instantly finishes that upgrade at the cost of the displayed number of Gems.|
|Tapping this icon, which is displayed only while an upgrade is in progress, cancels the current upgrade and refunds half of the upgrade cost.|
|Builder Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6|
|Level||Damage per Second||Damage per Hit||Hitpoints||Build Cost||Build Time||Experience Gained||Builder Hall Level Required|
|Range||Attack Speed||Damage Type||Unit Type Targeted|
|8||3 seconds||Area Splash||Air|